Smith Duggan Buell & Rufo LLP provides innovative legal solutions to our clients, who benefit from our wide experience of over two decades working with individuals, governments, insurers, and businesses, including Fortune 500® companies, regional firms, family businesses, and firms with more discrete markets. We understand the needs of in-house and corporate counsel and have had productive and successful relationships with companies and organizations in a wide range of industries. Current and past clients for whom we have provided legal representation include:
Apple Inc.; Bank of America, NA; Broan-NuTone LLC; General Electric Co.; Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.; Jakel Motors Inc.; Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.; Lloyd’s of London; Atrium Risk Management Services; Ironshore Environmental; Wells Fargo Bank, NA; Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Massachusetts Port Authority; MetroWest Medical Center; Partners HealthCare System, Inc.; AIG Aviation, Inc.; Electric Insurance Co.; United States Aircraft Insurance Group; Delta Airlines, Inc., American Airlines, Inc. G2 Secure Staff; Lowes Companies, Inc., Arts Alliance Labs, Inc.; CEC Entertainment, Inc.; FMR Corp.; Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.; GES Exposition Services, Inc.; Hemingway Preservation Foundation, Inc.; Leader Bank, NA; Lund's Fisheries; LTI Transportation, Inc.; The Mount Vernon Company, Inc.; Nortek, Inc.; PRISMA Microfinance, Inc.; Top Ten Media, Inc.; RebuildEx, LLC; Standard Parking Corp.; VIAD Corp.
- Smith Duggan Prevails in Federal Court for Major Cruise Line
- Smith Duggan Prevails in Federal Court for Travel Agency and Tour Operator
- Ken Wright’s CIP Level 2 certification as a coatings inspector has been approved for a three year extension by NACE International (the National Association of Corrosion Engineers)
- Smith Duggan Buell and Rufo selected as a 2018 "Best Law Firm" by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- Smith Duggan Successfully Defends Airport
- Condominium Seller Prevented From Backing Out Of Deal
- Smith Duggan Reduces Weekly Workers’ Compensation Benefits That Self-insured Company Must Pay To Injured Employee
- Smith Duggan Wins in Racial Profiling Case
- Smith Duggan Prevails Before Supreme Judicial Court For Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
- Smith Duggan Stops Landlord From Piercing Corporate Veil
- Smith Duggan Prevails on Appeal of Section 1(7A) Defense in Worker’s Compensation Case
- Smith Duggan Prevails in Case of First Impression Interpreting Aviation Insurance Policy
- Smith Duggan Obtains Defense Verdict in Automatic Door Case
- Smith Duggan Obtains Court Victory For Apple, Inc.
- Defense Verdict In $5M Construction Case
- No Breach Of Multi-Million-Dollar Management Contract
- Smith Duggan Prevails in Product Liability Case in Rhode Island Federal District Court
- Smith Duggan wins Replevin Action for Ivy League University