Smith Duggan's international law practice offers a range of legal services to clients engaged in business across borders. The practice concentrates in international trade and transactional work. Our clients include start-up and early stage technology and Internet companies seeking to break into the international marketplace and established manufacturing and service companies and financial institutions. We are an active member of a network of leading law firms in the U.S. and around the world that provides our clients with the local expertise and experience needed to do business successfully in diverse jurisdictions.
International PracticeThe international law practice represents clients in International Trade and Transactions including:
- direct foreign investment
- acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and cross-border financing
- creation of foreign sales, distribution and manufacturing subsidiaries for U.S. companies abroad and foreign companies in the U.S.
- licensing and technology transfers and international intellectual property protection
- transactional advice and creation of company compliance programs in the areas of sanctions, trade embargoes, and the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practice Act and European Union anti-corruption law
- U.S. export licensing