JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 1992Member of National Mock Trial Team
BA, Psychology, cum laude, The Johns Hopkins University, 1989
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1993
Super Lawyer 2017, 2018
Member of Massachusetts Bar Association
Past Member of C.T. Douglas Elementary School Council, Acton, MA
Volunteer at Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education - Seminars and Publications
Volunteer, Costume Design for Proscenium Circus Theatre Program, Acton-Boxborough Regional High School, Acton, MA
DID YOU KNOW?
In her spare time, Tamara enjoys designing and constructing costumes for local theatre groups.
Tamara Lee Ricciardone, Partner
Tamara Lee Ricciardone is the head of the firm's workers' compensation defense team and a leader in its litigation practice group. She has extensive experience in the defense of workers' compensation claims for both insurers and self-insurers. She has lectured at educational seminars on current topics in defending workers' compensation claims and has authored several articles on workers' compensation topics. She is also the editor of Workers' Compensation Practice in Massachusetts and the reviewer of Massachusetts Workers' Compensation Law Sourcebook and Citator published by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
Tamara began her career at Smith Duggan in 1992, and over the years, has developed an extensive knowledge of multiple chemical sensitivity claims and related air quality complaints. She has garnered a specialization in defending against claims of employees who allege that they have developed injuries as a result of workplace exposures.
From 1997 to 1999, Tamara worked in-house for Electric Insurance Company managing nationwide cases involving toxic exposure claims for General Electric. She received an award from Electric Insurance in recognition of her efforts and contributions to its workers' compensation program.
In 1999, she returned to Smith Duggan, and since that time, has represented Partners HealthCare System, Inc., AIG Domestic Claims, Inc. and Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. in their defense of workers' compensation claims in each of the DIA regional offices.
"Tamara has done a great job with our litigated workers' compensation claims. She is always on top of the latest with our cases, is very detail-oriented and is extremely knowledgeable about the workers' compensation law. She is always readily available for a consult and accommodating to our needs." - Dinah L. McDonald
"Attorney Ricciardone has been an outstanding contributor to continuing legal education, and by extension the professional development of the bar, for many years. As a leader in the legal community, specifically for her outstanding work in insurance defense and workers' compensation defense, she has participated as faculty on several MCLE programs and was selected to be the editor of MCLE's manual, Workers' Compensation Practice in Massachusetts, a role in which she has served prominently since 2001. She is a wonderful example of professionalism and excellence in the law." - John M. (Jack) Reilly, Esq., MCLE Executive Director
- Lawson v. Brigham and Women’s Hospital, 31 Mass. Workers’ Comp. Rep. 145 (2017)
- Noel v. Faulkner Hospital, 31 Mass. Workers’ Comp. Rep. 139 (2017)
- Author, Workers' Compensation in the News (periodic newsletter to clients with current legal developments).
- Editor, Workers' Compensation Practice in Massachusetts (Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), 2010 & Supp. 2012, 2015, 2018).
- Author, "Tips for Obtaining Discovery and Preparing for Hearing: The Insurer's Perspective," Workers' Compensation Practice in Massachusetts (MCLE, 2001 & Supp. 2007, 2010, 2015, 2018).
- Reviewer, Massachusetts Workers' Compensation Law Sourcebook and Citator (MCLE, 2012, 2014, 2016).
- Author, “Representing the Insurer from Initial Intake to Conference,” 16th Annual Workers’ Compensation Law Conference 2015 (Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 2015).
- Co-Author, "Medicare's Reimbursement Rights and Enforcement Relating to Workers' Compensation Cases," Workers' Compensation Practice in Massachusetts (MCLE, 2010 & Supp. 2012).
- Editor, Workers' Compensation Practice in Massachusetts (MCLE, 2001 & Supp. 2007).
- Author, "Case Study: The Brigham and Women's Hospital Experience," Keeping Buildings Healthy: How to Monitor and Prevent Indoor Environmental Problems (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1998).
- Co-Author, "Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Cases: Presenting the Defense," Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Cases (MCLE, 1998).
- Author, "Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Cases: Presenting the Defense," Multiple
- Sensitivity Cases (Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 1997).
- Speaker, “19th Annual Workers’ Compensation Law Conference 2018,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, November 16, 2018.
- Speaker, “16th Annual Workers’ Compensation Law Conference 2015,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, November 20, 2015.
- Speaker, “Workers’ Compensation Basics Plus!,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, March 15, 2010.
- Speaker, "Workers' Compensation Basics Plus!," Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, May 5, 2009.
- Speaker, "Protecting Your Medical Facility Against Latex Induced Allergy Claims," National Professional Communications Co., Inc, Arlington, VA, October 6-7, 1997.
- Chairperson, "Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Cases: A Practical Guide to Understanding the Issues," Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, April 16, 1997.